Successfully Handling Cases for Over 35 Years
You’ve seen them. You’ve avoided them. You’ve probably even dated them. Bad drivers are everywhere. They’re in a hurry, putting on their makeup while driving. Perhaps they’re eating or texting on the way to work instead of just paying attention to the road.
What’s unfortunate is that we see these things all the time, day in and day out. Statistics show that for most people, it’s only a matter of time before they’re involved in a serious accident.
From “basic” rear-end collisions to high-speed T-bone crashes, accidents can destroy your beautiful car, leave you injured, and just flat out ruin your day. But regardless of how you were hit, our personal injury attorney in Santa Rosa has prepared some tips that can help you deal with the headaches involved with an injury claim.
If you have recently been hurt in a car crash, remember these tips:
- Take pictures of both vehicles involved in the crash. This will allow you to document property damage, and help defuse insurance company claims that you were in a “low-impact” collision
- Don’t play the tough guy. If you’re hurt, don’t hide
it or tell people that you’re fine. Failure to seek medical care after an accident can lead to undiagnosed injuries, which will impair your recovery. It also weakens your injury claim, since insurance companies will normally disregard an injury unless it is recorded by a medical professional shortly after the accident
- Take pictures of any bruises or cuts you notice in the days after an accident. If you don’t, the insurance company may deny that you ever had them
- Try to figure out the name, address, and phone number of the person that hit you. It may be impossible to find them later on
- Find out the other driver’s insurance information, because getting it from them afterward can be a difficult confrontational process
- If you take your car to an auto body shop, remember to thoroughly describe the accident, and ask if you have damage to the frame or other parts of your vehicle that are difficult to assess
- Keep track of the aches, pains, and symptoms you have after the accident. Claimants who can build a consistent timeline of their symptoms and complaints
are normally considered more credible
- Seek appropriate medical attention right away, and follow your doctor’s treatment advice. This will help you recover from your injuries as quickly as possible
- Notify your insurance provider that you have been in an accident, and ask if you have any med-pay or other coverages that could apply to the accident or your injuries
- Never give a written or recorded statement to anyone from the other driver’s insurance company. It will only help them, and hurt you
- Hire an attorney to protect and represent your interests
We Can Help You Get What You Deserve
Our car accident lawyer in Santa Rosa understands the shock and pain that you may be going through. That is why it is important to call The Law Offices of Max G. Arnold before speaking with the opposing party’s insurance provider. The insurance industry does everything they can to take advantage of you by getting you to settle for as little compensation as they can give you. Our firm can go over your case with you and determine how much you should receive to compensate for the traumatizing event that you just experienced.
If you are unable to come to us, pay upfront, or if you just think that you’re too busy, don’t despair. Our lawyer can come to you, push back fees if necessary, and take the time to meet your needs. Our goal is to help you get the settlement that you are entitled to. That is why so many people turn to our Santa Rosa car accident attorney.
Reach out to The Law Offices of Max G. Arnold for a free case evaluation and see how we can help. You can contact us by calling .