Helping Clients Since 1981
A dog can be man’s best friend, but sometimes the four-legged creature can be a terror set on sinking its teeth into you.
This may sound dramatic, but if you’ve been attacked and bitten by a dog, then you know how scary these moments can be. The bite hurts, the pain lingers, and the scars may never go away.
Answers & Tips
While dealing with the aftermath of this traumatizing event, questions begin springing into your mind. What do you do? What kind of insurance covers this incident? Is the owner liable for the dog attack?
Here are some answers and tips prepared by our Santa Rosa dog bite attorneys to help get you started:
- Dog bites might be covered under the dog owner’s homeowner’s
insurance, so try to get that information as soon as possible. Be sure to keep your own safety in mind.
- California has a “Dog Bite Statute,” which means that the law presumes that the owner of a dog that has attacked someone is responsible for that person’s injuries. As with many other complicated laws, determining the impact that this law has on your case can be difficult. We suggest that you call The Law Offices of Max G. Arnold so we can help you navigate the complexities.
- Preserve proof that you were bitten. Photos taken by an independent witness are the best. It is also important to make sure that you can prove that the pictures were taken in the aftermath of the attack. Don’t know which doctors will turn you away because someone else is at fault for your injury? Our Santa Rosa dog bite attorneys can find you someone that you can trust to document your injuries quickly.
- Get medical attention as quickly as you can. Unless you are absolutely
sure that the dog did not have rabies, it is essential to be examined by a doctor as quickly as possible after the bite. Infections and other developments from the attack can be life-threatening, so make sure to keep watch for unusual symptoms.
- If there are previous complaints about the dog that bit you, they might be able to help your case. Your neighbors might know and so might the local Animal Control office. You can hire us to be your advocate, detective, and voice while you rest and recover from the incident.
That’s a lot of information, right? Well, the process can all be overwhelming, but having our experienced accident attorney by your side is a good way to make the process easier.
We Can Help You Get What You Deserve
We understand that this process can be quite scary and confusing for many victims. That is why our dog bite injury lawyer in Santa Rosa is ready to stand by you. If you are unable to visit our office, we can come to you or work with you via phone, email, and fax until your case is resolved. If you cannot afford our services, we can push back our fees until the end of your case. Reach out to us today to discuss your situation in further detail.
When you are recovering from such a traumatizing event, any amount of compensation may seem like enough for you to close the case and move on with your life. However, the insurance industry knows the vulnerable state that you are in and does everything in their power to take advantage of that. The Law Offices of Max G. Arnold can confidently defend you and help you get a settlement that you deserve. After all, the cost of the medical bills should not have to come out of your pocket if you are not responsible for what happened. We can help you fight for what’s right and what’s fair.
Contact us at for a free case evaluation today. Our Santa Rosa personal injury attorney can get you the compensation you are entitled to after this traumatizing incident