Our Injury Attorney in Chico, Redding & Santa Rosa Is Here to Help You Take the Next Step
Have you ever paused to wonder what you would do if you were bitten by a dog? It’s an unpleasant thought, but it can happen to anyone. Dog bites can result in extreme pain, and even cause infection and disfigurement. Millions of dog attacks are recorded every year in the United States, and most of the time, victims require medical assistance.
Standing Up for You
The first thing you should do is call an experienced attorney. Prosecuting a dog bite claim can be complicated, and having a knowledgeable lawyer at your side can make a big difference. Our Chico personal injury attorney at The Law Offices of Max G. Arnold has represented hundreds of dog bite victims and our legal team has dedicated the time to come up with some helpful information that you can use to help you proceed with your case.
Dog bites can be serious, but we can help you with your case in a variety of ways:
- Dog bites are sometimes covered under the dog owner’s homeowners insurance. With your safety in mind, do your best to get the information from the owner of the dog
- Try to preserve any proof that you were bitten. Photos taken by witnesses are the best form of evidence you can have
- Under California’s “Dog Bite Statute,” the owner of the dog that attacked is responsible for the injuries inflicted on the victim. It takes the resources of a knowledgeable attorney to determine how this law can impact your case
- Seek medical attention right away. Unless you are absolutely sure that the dog that bit you does not have rabies, it is essential to be examined by a doctor as soon as possible. Infections and other developments can be dangerous to your health and even life-threatening, so make sure to keep watch for any strange symptoms
- Try to get information about the dog that attacked you. Has it attacked anyone before? Try to contact your neighbors and the local Animal Control Office to retrieve this important information
We understand that all of this can be overwhelming. That is why it’s important to reach out to us with any questions you may have. Every case is different and we can give yours the personalized attention that it deserves.
You don’t need to accept less than what you deserve. We can work to accommodate you while navigating you down the path to a fair settlement. Let us do the hard work for you! We have offices located in Chico, Redding, and Santa Rosa.