Helpful Tips from Our Personal Injury Attorney in Chico, Redding & Santa Rosa
Car accidents are still a leading cause of death and injury in the United States. They are so common that many people tend to brush them off as mere incidents in everyday life. What we tend to forget is that even a “minor” accident can cause serious damage and debilitating injuries.
Injuries Affect Your Ability to Deal with the Insurance Companies
Whether it’s a rear-end accident, hit-and-run accident, or T-bone accident, a car crash can do great damage to our bodies. Concussions, fractures of the spine, and major strains from whiplash are very common injuries suffered during these types of accidents. What’s worse is that the trauma of a car accident often leaves the victim in a fog, which interferes with their cognition and judgment. Insurance companies know this, and will often try to get a statement from victims who are still reeling in the aftermath of a major accident. People who are impaired are easier to take advantage of, and it’s a safe bet that any statements obtained by an insurance company will be used to deny fair payment of an injury claim.
Our personal injury attorney in Chico, Redding & Santa Rosa are happy to provide you with some helpful advice:
- Document the damage that’s been done to the involved vehicles as soon as possible. This can protect you against claims from the insurance company that the accident wasn’t severe enough to cause injury
- If you are hurt, go to a medical professional, and make sure to fully disclose all of your symptoms. Your medical records play a large role in your injury claim, and you want to be sure that everything is documented by independent evidence as soon as possible
- Take pictures of any bruises, cuts, and any other wounds you may have received from the accident. If you don’t have any photo evidence, the insurance company may try denying that you ever had the injuries
- Try to get the name, address, phone number, and insurance information of the person that hit you. You may need that information later to serve a lawsuit
- Don’t “be nice” to the other person by agreeing not to contact the police. If you feel that you need the help of law enforcement, call them immediately, and insist that the other person remains at the scene of the accident
- If you take your car to an auto body shop, remember to ask them about the possibility of frame damage as this can help your case
- Keep track of the aches, pains, and symptoms you may have, and when you noticed them
- Seek appropriate medical attention right away, and follow your doctor’s advice to help yourself recover from your injuries as quickly as possible
- Notify your insurance provider that you have been in an accident. Never talk to anyone who contacts you from the other driver’s insurance company
- Hire an attorney Max G. Arnold to protect and represent your interests immediately
Helping You Get What You Deserve
This can be an intimidating process, but it doesn’t have to be. We can help you face the legal road ahead so you can take the time you need to recover. Every claim is better handled by professionals with decades of experience, like our legal team at The Law Offices of Max G. Arnold. Not only can we come to you, but we can work with you to every extent that we can, even if that means holding back fees until the end of your case. Our Chico personal injury attorney is here for you! We have offices located in Chico, Redding, and Santa Rosa.