Car Accident in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Clearlake, or Surrounding Areas?
You’ve seen them. You’ve avoided them. You’ve probably even dated them.
Bad drivers are everywhere. They’re in a hurry, putting on their makeup while driving. Perhaps they’re chowing down lunch on the way to work. Or God forbid, they’re texting, instead of just paying attention to the road.
What’s unfortunate is that we see these things all the time, day-in and day-out. And statistics show that for most people, its only a matter of time before they’re involved in a serious accident.
From Every Direction
From “basic” rear-end collision to high-speed T-bone crashes, accidents can destroy your beautiful car, leave you injured, and just flat out ruin your day. But regardless of how you were hit, our attorneys have prepared some tips that can help you deal more effectively with the headaches involved with an injury claim.
If You or a Family Member Have Recently Been Hurt in a Car Crash: Remember These Tips:
- Read our Dealing with Insurance Companies Walkthrough
- Take pictures of both vehicles involved in the crash. This will allow you to document property damage, and help defuse insurance company claims that you were in a “low-impact” collision.
- Don’t play the tough guy. If you’re hurt, don’t hide it, or tell people you’re fine. Failure to seek medical care after an accident can lead to undiagnosed injuries, which will impair your recovery. It also weakens your injury claim, since insurance companies will normally disregard an injury unless it is recorded by a medical professional shortly after the accident.
- Take pictures of any bruises or cuts you notice in the days after an accident. If you don’t, the insurance company may deny that you ever had them.
- Try to figure out the name, address, and phone number of the person that hit you. It may be impossible to find them later.
- Find out the other driver’s insurance information, because getting it from them afterwards can be a difficult or confrontational process.
- If you take your car to an auto body shop, remember to thoroughly describe the accident, and ask if you may have damage to the frame, or in other difficult-to-assess parts of the vehicle.
- Keep track of the aches, pains, and symptoms you have after the accident. Claimants who can build a consistent timeline of their symptoms and complaints are normally considered more credible.
- Keep in mind that your doctor might write down anything you say, even if it’s just an offhand comment.
- Seek appropriate medical attention right away, and follow your doctor’s treatment advice. This will help you recover from your injuries as quickly as possible.
- Notify your insurance provider that you have been in an accident, and ask if you have any med-pay or other coverages that could apply to the accident or your injuries.
- Never give a written or recorded statement to anyone from the other driver’s insurance company. It will only help them, and hurt you!
- Hire an attorney to protect and represent your interests immediately.
We Can Help You Get What You Deserve
We understand this process is new (and scary) for most accident victims. You’re in pain. Your car has been destroyed. Medical bills are piling up. The responsible party’s insurance company won’t even give you the time of day. Faced with such adversity, it’s no wonder injury claimants are often suckered into signing away their claims for pennies on the dollar.
Your injury claim requires the assistance of trained professionals, who know how to anticipate (and avoid) the roadblocks and obstacles the insurance industry will put between you and a fair settlement. We’ve been in the business for over thirty years, and have been helping North Bay residents get fair outcomes since 2000. If you don’t have the time, knowledge, or resources to take on the insurance companies, let us do it for you!
- Can’t come to our Santa Rosa office? We’ll come to you!
- In an isolated area? No problem — we can get your information over the phone, and process documents through fax or email.
- Not in the mood to talk over the phone? We understand. Just use the form below to send us an email, and someone will get back to you quickly!
- Accident leaving you broke? We advance all costs and fees until your case concludes, at no up-front cost to you.
- Worried about your insurance rates going up? Don’t be. If you didn’t cause the accident, our experience shows that your rates will not increase.
Would you like to know more? Call us, email us, or stop by our Santa Rosa office to discuss your accident claim today!
(Please be advised that the information contained on this webpage is for general purposes only, and that it is not meant to be legal advice specifically tailored to your case. This site is an advertisement for legal services, and nothing contained therein is meant to create any kind of attorney-client or other legal relationship between The Law Offices of Max G. Arnold and any member of the general public.)